Now Accepting Applications
Oregon, USA- ChiroCongress Cares is pleased to announce the opening of the application process for the Legacy of Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship, named for Dr. Thomas Klapp of Michigan, will be awarded to an eligible chiropractic student at the ChiroCongress 2023 Convention on November 11, 2023, in Waikoloa, HI. The Legacy of Leadership Scholarship is a $5,000 award, and the eligibility criteria for the application process are as follows:
- The recipient must remain a full-time student enrolled in a Doctor of Chiropractic program at an accredited Chiropractic college or university in the U.S. through December 2023, or they shall forfeit the award.
- The applicant must have a minimum 2.7 GPA.
- The recipient must agree to keep the award confidential until it is announced at The ChiroCongress Convention, in November 2023, or they shall forfeit the award.
- Applicants may not be family members of employees or officers of ChiroCongress or ChiroCongress Cares.
- The Legacy of Leadership Scholarship is intended to recognize outstanding leadership qualities and a commitment to the chiropractic profession. Dr. Thomas Klapp was a renowned chiropractor who dedicated his life to advancing the field of chiropractic through his leadership and vision.
“We are excited to offer the Legacy of Leadership Scholarship in honor of Dr. Thomas Klapp, a pioneer in the chiropractic field,” said Dr. Don Cross, President of ChiroCongress Cares. “We look forward to receiving applications from dedicated chiropractic students who are committed to the profession and embody Dr. Klapp’s legacy of leadership.”
To apply for the Legacy of Leadership Scholarship, interested candidates must complete the online application form available at http://forms.chirocongress.org/view.php?id=123115. Candidates are required to provide their personal and educational information, a brief essay describing their leadership qualities, and two letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to their character and commitment to the chiropractic profession. All applications must be submitted by June 30, 2023, to be considered for the scholarship award.
For more information about the Legacy of Leadership Scholarship and the application process, please visit the ChiroCongress Cares website at: ChiroCongressCares.org.
About ChiroCongress Cares
The ChiroCongress Cares is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is the charitable arm of ChiroCongress, supporting chiropractic research and education, and providing scholarships to chiropractic students.